Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A lesson in manners...

...is needed.

I want to share with our audience an email which was received this morning from an irate and obviously unstable person who felt that "unsolicited" email is a sufficient reason to email threats of bodily harm. Here's the letter, with all expletives replaced with the corresponding form of the word Nagin and the name of the offender withheld (though not forgotten):

Who gives a Nagin what you think, not I.[sic] Where did you get my email? You have no right whatsoever to have sent [sic] me your stupid thoughts. If you ever send me an email again, I will some how [sic] find you and you will be very sorry you sent me an email. Stop spamming and screwing up what the IP world could be. Such temerity to send someone you do not know an email. It's Nagins like you that [sic] are truly screwing this world up.

Send another email and it will be your last.
First, I've removed this person's email from our list, for, you see, it isn't truly "temerity" until I know that danger exists. This person either doesn't understand the meaning of the word and likes his handy-dandy word-of-the-day calendar or he assumes his reputation for digital violence precedes him. Nevertheless, he's no longer bothered by my titanic attempts to ruin the "IP world".

Second, if you intend to do or threaten harm to someone, is it wise to send it under your full name, a name that can be easily looked up via any search engine to, perhaps, find out where you work or where you filed for Red Cross? Third, it's the actual Nagin's who are screwing up this world, not small-time blogs such as this. Fourth, you won't receive another email from us that much is certain, but be forewarned that the floods make me a little more difficult to locate and I am well-armed.

Finally, if anyone does not wish to receive an email from this blog, please just let us know. I will gladly remove you from our list. But please, please, please, do not insult me or anyone else's opinions and especially do not threaten anyone; I just might forget to withhold your name.

Scott M. Phillips
Editor

3 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Peter Fenerk said...

My bet is that the guy uses words he doesn't know the meaning of in order to hide that he probably works in a car wash or behind some parts counter somewhere.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does this guy find the time in his busy court schedule to send such emails? Perhaps, they've wireless internet in the Division of Administrative Law. Who knew?

Most of the killers I know couldn't spell "temerity".

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have posted the assholes name....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home