Thursday, October 13, 2005

She's alive... maybe...CONFIRMED!!!

Regular readers of NAMN and friends and family of the editor-in-chief may be glad to know that there has been some very promising news regarding my family's cat, Princess (captioned below).

Some angel from some humane society (I will properly identify when I know who to credit) has been feeding the animals in my part of the neighborhood. This person left a note for our neighbors and us, which my neighbor got to first, saying that they knew of two cats living in equal parts between our houses. In fact, when my home was searched these two cats were there, but scooted away too quickly for the searchers. One cat is an orange/tabby, matching one of my neighbor's cats, the other is a light-colored calico. We are hoping this is Princess.

My neighbors have set traps for the cats on our porches and hopefully they will be caught soon. With all that has passed, this would be a small victory for my family, and we can't wait to once again hold her in our arms.

Uncle Speed


***UPDATE***

Captured and awaiting a visit to the vet. Staying with my parents until I can take her "home".

***LATEST UPDATE***

Visit to the vet is an all-clear. A little lighter than before, but doing very well considering. We will not see her until Wednesday night, unfortunately.

***FINAL UPDATE***


She's finally back home with us. This was taken Wednesday night, moments after I saw her for the first time in 45 days. Amazing how well she is considering everything.

We feel very blessed to have our family whole.

6 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger P.I. Mom said...

I have a cat (Pepper) who looks an aweful lot like your Princess. I would be mortified if she were lost. Bless your heart! I'll say a prayer for Princess's safe return to her family.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger P.I. Mom said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Modern Day Estella said...

I'm so glad you caught her! Our big, black, somewhat cannibalistic alley cat, Sweet Baby, hasn't let anybody near him in weeks. I've been putting out about 10 lbs of food every week, and he looks fat and happy. I just desperately want to catch him, get him to a vet, and resocialize him a little. He's a nice guy when he trusts you, and I miss him!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger lca0529 said...

Way to go, Scott!!!!! Glad to hear....

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger P.I. Mom said...

So happy to hear the family unit is complete. Congrats!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Peter Fenerk said...

One of the good stories that always come out of tragedy. Kitty cats are known for their survival instincts, which obviously worked for Princess. Now, after being in the silt and slime, you can only get her into the clothes washer.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home